Friday, April 14, 2006

A Prayer of Gratitude


Dear Father,
I praise Thee for Thy perfection,
I thank Thee for Thy love.
I thank Thee that though I am sinful,
Thou doest still love me.
I thank Thee for Thy mercy in sending Thy Son for my sins.
I thank Thee for Jesus’ perfection,
For His perfect example,
For His teaching, that my life may be properly directed.
I thank Thee for His sacrifice on the cross, in my place,
That I might be spared the fires of a deserved hell.
I thank Thee for Thy church,
And pray for its spread.

I thank Thee for my family.
I pray that we may all serve Thee acceptably,
And show the world how a Christian lives.
Help us as we experience triumphs,
Help us as we deal with trials:
That others may see in us salt and light.

I pray for the sick and suffering the world over.
I pray that their pain may be eased,
That they may look to Thee for strength and direction.
I pray for peace,
And that Thou wilt help me to be a peacemaker.

I pray for the forgiveness of my sins.
Help me to be forgiving of others,
That I might better prepare myself to receive Thy forgiveness.

I pray for wisdom to know Thy will.
I pray for courage to do Thy will.
I beg for Thy mercy.

Holy Father,
Thou art worthy of all praise and glory.
Thy Name is above all names.
Thy mercy and generosity
Are beyond description or comprehension.

May I remain ever in the shelter of Thy loving hand.
May I live in heaven with Thee eternally.
Praise be to Thy Name.

In the name of Jesus,
Amen

No comments: