Mary the Mother of Jesus
Luke 1:30 Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God….” Why did Mary find favor with God? -
1. Mary lived a life of innocence because she had a pure heart! - Luke 1:34 Then Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a man?"
2. Mary lived a life of submission to the word of the Lord! - Luke 1:38 Then Mary said, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word."
3. Mary’s life was controlled by faith in the Lord! – Luke 1:45 "Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord."
4. Mary praised the Lord for His goodness! - Luke 1:46 And Mary said: "My soul magnifies the Lord….”
5. Mary meditated on God’s involvement in her life! - Luke 2:19 But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart.
6. Mary was well acquainted with the trials of this life! - Luke 2:34-35 Then Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary His mother, "Behold, this Child is destined for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign which will be spoken against "(yes, a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."
7. Mary was loyal in times of adversity! - John 19:25 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.
8. Mary remained faithful over time! - Acts 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.